Easy Custom Pillow DIY


Creating unique fabulous custom pillows is really pretty simple.  A friend of mine was getting rid of 4 white pillows.  They were a great nice big pillow, but white eeek!  The fabric however was a really high quality 100% cotton upholstery fabric.  I knew I could dye it

...

I used liquid Rit Dye in Scarlet. Followed the directions for dying in a washing machine  


The result was a nice vivid red yay!!! 




I did want to dress them up a bit and customize them to match the other pillows and décor.  So I cut out the flowers from the fabric I chose, using pinking shears to reduce fraying.


  Then pinned them in place and stitched them on using my zigzag, again to avoid fraying. You can also use a fabric glue for a no sew method.  Glue the cut outs with fabric glue to the pillow cover. 

  And whalla!  Great looking custom pillows for my patio banquet. 




Comments

Popular Posts