DIY Sugar Scrub

DIY Sugar Scrub

Save Money!

I live in the desert, it's dry here!  I am such a fan and believer in exfoliating.
Sluffs off dead skin and prevents ingrown hairs etc.
 I was buying sugar scrubs, they really are not that expensive but it adds up if you use them daily.
Then a friend gave me one that she had made.  Well duh me why have I been buying sugar scrubs?
I searched on Pinterest and found several recipes.  

Simple & Inexpensive!
Here is the recipe I have developed over the last few years.  I doubled the initial recipe but had to make some tweeks.



You will need a large bowl.  Measuring cups and spoons. Storage container.  I use a large ziplock bag.

2 cups sugar

2 different essential oils

3/4 cup oil (such as coconut, olive oil, avocado oil etc.)

1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil

Essential oil (Lavender, Lemmon, Bergamot, Eucalyptus etc.)

You can also use a good Vanilla Extract



In a large bowl combine;
2 cups sugar


About 15 drops of essential oil ( I used lemon this time)
This can be your choice of oil.


About 5 drops of lavender essential oil

3/4 cup of oil ( I use coconut)



1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil



Mix with a fork like your mixing a crust until well blended.

If you need more oil add a bit at a time.  It should stick together if pressed together.


 That it!  Super easy huh?!

Enjoy pampering yourself daily ;)


Comments

Popular Posts